Female Genital Surgery – Post Procedure Facts & Advice
Labiaplasty: Post-operative advice
- Your labia will be swollen and a little bruised.
- The discomfort will last for 4 to 5 days.
- You will be given oral antibiotics and some pain relief.
- I encourage you to shower to keep the area clean.
- You will be given oral antibiotic cream to be rubbed into the area twice a day for 2 to 3 days.
- I would like to see you at 8 to 10 days to remove the sutures.
- Full recovery at about 3 to 4 weeks.
MONS Liposuction: Post-operative advice
- The area will be tender and swollen.
- You will be given analgesia for pain.
- Swelling can last many weeks.
- The area settles at about 6 weeks and the final result is at 3 to 4 months.
- Numbness of the area that has been sucked is quite common. It will start to improve at 6 weeks and be recovered by 4 to 6 months.
- It is difficult to get a well fitting garment to apply pressure to the area. I usually ask the patient to find something that is a little firm in that area and is best worn for about a month.
Featured Artist: Craig Ruddy Work: Fruit Dove (2013) Click for more information